The Penn Mentor Meals Program encourages students (undergraduate & graduate) and their mentors to engage in intellectual or casual conversation outside of the classroom and simultaneously provide them with the opportunity to do so free of charge over lunch or dinner.
Beginning on January 17, 2023 all members of the Penn community can initiate a meal between students (undergraduates & graduates) and mentors (i.e. current or past professors, teaching assistants, advisors, RAs, PHINS, Peer Advisors, and members of Penn’s professional staff). Program options range from 1-on-1 experiences to large meals organized for classes and groups up to 100 students.
Lunch is served at Lauder Dining Café . Mentor Meals are only available for lunch Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Dinner is available by request. Please contact Jaliah Ali, email@example.com, to do so.
- Small Groups (maximum of 4 participants including 1 Faculty/Mentor)
- Large Groups for Faculty Hosted Meals Only (more than 4 participants including 1 Faculty)
- A list of all invited guests (including name and email) must be supplied at least 1 week prior to your selected meal date.
- Students can participate as a host/guest for a maximum of five (5) meals per semester.
- Faculty/Mentor Hosts are limited to one (1) meal with a specific class/group per semester. Large classes/groups can be split into multiple small group meals.
- Mentor Meals are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- One individual submits the registration form for the group.
- Registration will permit you access to Lauder College House. Once you enter the building, please speak with security attendant on staff.
- Please remember to stay home if you don’t feel well. For the most up-to-date guidelines please visit https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/. You can cancel/postpone your reservation by emailing Jaliah Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Meal Option for Faculty Hosts
- Meals Hosted at Home (for instructors and teaching assistants only)
Please find instructions on how to register below: